Monday, October 13, 2014

simplicity in structure || a game of fetch

I always want there to be enough time to play fetch. The freedom to go outside and play - if only for a few moments - must complement the structured hour-by-hour accountability in pursuit of simplicity.

sweet Fannie girl

When my days are filled, I don't always feel full. It is the grace in-between that allows me to relish the structure. 

In hopes of becoming more intentional with my time, I have begun to assign tasks to hours. I understand, now, why my to-do list so often taunted me at the end of the day - the tasks far outnumbered the available hours in a day.

I'm in the middle of Laura Vanderkam's book 168 hours: You have more time than you think. When my family and I do jigsaw puzzles, we work on the outside border first, which gives us a place to start. Taking stock of my time and responsibility reminds me of that process, creating boundaries. 

It isn't about penciling in fetch with Fannie. Instead, it's about engaging wholeheartedly in life so that I can make the choice to pause. If I never start, then I can't rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© City Sidewalks, Country Roads. Powered by