Sunday, October 6, 2013

Seek shelter

I haven't run since the Pittsburgh Great Race. My training regime had been demanding of my body and time and I needed a bit of a break. I didn't want to rest anymore though, and so I set out this afternoon. After I turned the corner from my house, ready to start my Garmin, however, it started to rain. I would have laughed at the serendipity, the weather's celebration of my 31 day challenge - - but I was too frustrated. It's one thing to keep running when caught unexpectedly in a downpour. It's another to step out into a storm, and so I turned back. So often I focus on perseverance that I forgot that it's okay to hunker down. 


via
Find your tree and seek shelter.

Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken.
My victory and honor come from God alone.
Psalm 62: 5-7

No comments:

Post a Comment

© City Sidewalks, Country Roads. Powered by